SEMEN SHIPPING PROCEDURES
1. Semen may be ordered by phone only. Orders must be received by 6 PM CST for next day collections. Orders received after 6 PM CST may be filled if semen is available. Call for same-day shipping availability. Otherwise late orders will be processed the following collection day. If you leave a semen order on voice mail, be sure to get confirmation from the clinic.
2. There will be a $300 collection fee assessed for each shipment of cooled semen to each mare, which also includes shipping fees for next day service to your breeding site (if same day shipment by air is necessary, an additional $100 courier fee is assessed). Shipping charges for the return of the container to the clinic are the responsibility of the mare owner.
3. Equitainer MUST be returned immediately after removing cooled semen by the FASTEST courier available (Fed-Ex or UPS) at the cost of the mare owner. Multiple use containers may be returned via regular postal service. THE EQUITAINER OR MULTI-USE CONTAINER MUST BE RETURNED AFTER EACH USE. If the Equitainer is not returned within 4 days of receipt, a charge of $25 per day will be charged until the Equitainer is returned. If the multi-use container is not returned, the mare owner will be charged $40 for replacement. Insurance in the amount of $350 must be purchased for when returning the Equitainer. No insurance is required on the multi-use container.
4. Semen will be collected on our breeding days only. Collection days will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday only.
5. Mare owners must pay the stallion fee in full in advance. The $300 collection and shipping fees may be paid by credit card at the time semen is ordered, or in advance.
6. Sufficient semen will be sent each time to inseminate one mare.
7. Hopes Creek Ranch reserves the right to approve ALL locations where semen will be shipped, and will ONLY ship to those locations which have a comfort level that the cooled semen will be handled properly.
8. There is a possibility on some collection days that due to the number of mares being bred to the stallion, we may not be able to ship cooled semen for all clients.
9. Even though we will make every attempt to get cooled semen to your mare in good condition, we will make no guarantees or warranties that the semen will be in good condition upon arrival. If Fed-ex is delayed in delivery or the shipment is lost, the mare owner is responsible for seeking recompense from the delivery service.
10. If your mare fails to conceive with the use of cooled semen, she will be eligible for a return breeding the FOLLOWING season only. There will be a $150 booking fee and the normal collection/shipping fees.
11. All breeding services purchased from anyone other than Hopes Creek Ranch do not include the $350 booking fee which must be paid before semen will be shipped.